Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs
Every child deserves to lead a happy and fulfilling life. For parents and teachers of children with special needs, helping their child to not only negotiate daily challenges, but to live fulfilling, meaningful lives, can be the most difficult challenge they will face.
Over the years, millions of parents and teachers have come to trust Jane Nelsens classic Positive Discipline series for its consistent, commonsense approach to childrearing. Now, the bestselling series addresses the specific challenges that parents and teachers of children with special needs face, and offers them straightforward advice for supporting them in positive ways. In these pages are practical solutions to challenges such as:
- Learning to look beyond diagnostic labels
- Believing in each child’s potential regardless of his/her stage of development
- Helping children integrate socially and interact with their peers
- Coping with the frustration that inevitably occurs when a child is being difficult
- Strengthening a childs sense of belonging and significance
- And Many More!
Use this book to answer such questions as:
- How do you accommodate a disability, while still teaching a child to try their best?
- How do you help a child cope with anger they may have trouble expressing, especially when that anger may on some level be justified?
- How do you teach a child who may struggle with seemingly straight forward tasks to contribute to the world around them in a way that will be meaningful to them?
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 1 in|