Positive Discipline the First Three Years
The months leading up to the birth of a child are filed with joy, dreams, plans and a few worries. As a caring parent, you want to start your child out in life on the proper foundation. But where do you go for the answers to such questions as:
How do I communicate with an infant who doesn’t understand words? How can I effectively teach boundaries to my toddler? Should I ever spank my child?
Over the years, millions of parents just like you have come to trust Jane Nelsen’s classic Positive Discipline series. These books offer a commonsense approach to child-rearing that so often is lacking in today’s world. In Positive Discipline: The First Three Years, you’ll learn how to use kind but firm support to raise a child who is both capable and confident. You’ll find practical solutions and solid advice on how to:
- Encourage independence and exploration while providing appropriate boundaries
- Use non-punitive methods to instill valuable social skills and positive behavior inside and outside the home
- Recognize when your child is ready to master the challenges of sleeping, eating, and potty training, and how to avoid the power struggles that often come with those lessons
- Identify your child’s temperament
- Understand what the latest research in brain development tells us about raising healthy children
- And much, much more!
|Dimensions||8 × 11 × 2 in|