Empowering People publishes and distributes products based on the Adlerian concept of mutual respect and responsibility. Parents, educators and youth professionals have used these tools successfully for years to help children become responsible, respectful, and resourceful members of society.
Our flagship program is Positive Discipline by Dr. Jane Nelsen. Positive Discipline teaches important social and life skills in a manner that is deeply respectful and encouraging for both children and adults.
FIVE CRITERIA FOR POSITIVE DISCIPLINE
- Is Kind and Firm at the same time. (Respectful and encouraging)
- Helps children feel a sense of Belonging and Significance. (Connection)
- Is Effective Long-Term. (Punishment works short term, but has negative long-term results.)
- Teaches valuable Social and Life Skills for good character. (Respect, concern for others, problem-solving, accountability, contribution, cooperation)
- Invites children to discover how Capable they are and to use their personal power in constructive ways.